Privacy notice for prospective customers
Protection of data privacy contact
Dear prospective customer,
We are delighted that you are interested in our company and our products.
Because it is extremely important for us to process all data concerning you in a manner that is as fair and transparent as possible, we would like to provide you below with the information relating to the data processing of your request.
Do not hesitate to contact us should you have any questions in this regard.
The following information is based on the requirements set forth in Art. 13 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (hereinafter referred to as “GDPR”)
Data processing controller:
The controller responsible for processing your data is:
42499 Hückeswagen, Germany
You can find more information about our company, information about authorized representatives, and additional ways to contact us in the Imprint section of our website.
We have appointed a data protection officer who can be contacted at any time at the e-mail address:
dataprotection(at)klingelnberg.com for questions about data protection at Klingelnberg.
Processing of your data (purpose of use)
The data that you have submitted to us in conjunction with your request are processed by us for the sole purpose of meeting your needs in the best possible way and to provide you with the appropriate information.
The processing of your data is necessary in order to respond to your request as quickly as possible. The legal basis for this is therefore Art. 6 Para. 1 Point b) of the GDPR.
Should the data be required following the completion of your request or for the purpose of bringing legal actions, data processing may be carried out based on the conditions set out in Art. 6 Para. 4 of the GDPR in conjunction with § 24 Para. 1 no. 2 of the German Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG), provided your interest in an exclusion does not prevail.
If your request results in a contractual relationship, the data from the request are transferred to our ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) system and you will be informed of data processing in this regard.
Should no further communication result, your data will be erased after 6 months. This storage time is necessary to enable use of the data for any legal prosecution or defense (see Art. 6 Para. 4 of the GDPR in conjunction with § 24 Para. 1 no. 2 of the BDSG).
Recipients of your data
As part of our request procedure, your data are forwarded to the appropriate specialist department, where they are processed.
We never intend for your data to be obtained by other individuals / recipients.
Within the company, the only persons with access to your data are those who require it to properly carry out our request process.
Your rights as a “data subject”:
Because, as indicated, we process “your” information when you visit our website, you have certain rights by law with respect to us. In particular, these rights are as follows:
- In accordance with Art. 15 of the GDPR, the right to request information about the personal data concerning you that are being processed by us. If we receive a request for information that is not provided in written form, please understand that we may ask you to provide evidence demonstrating that you are the person you say you are;
- In accordance with Art. 16 of the GDPR, the right to obtain without undue delay the rectification of inaccurate or incomplete personal data concerning you that are stored by us;
- In accordance with Art. 17 of the GDPR, the right to obtain the erasure of personal data concerning you that are stored by us;
- In accordance with Art. 18 of the GDPR, the right to obtain restriction of processing of personal data concerning you;
- In accordance with Art. 20 of the GDPR, the right to receive the personal data concerning you, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and the right to request that those data be transmitted to another controller;
- In accordance with Art. 7, Para. 3 of the GDPR, the right to withdraw your consent (see point 2b) from us at any time. This withdrawal pertains only to future data processing, however. It does not affect the lawfulness of processing based on this legal basis;
- In accordance with Art. 77 of the GDPR, the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. To do so, you can generally contact the supervisory authority in your habitual residence or that of our company. The supervisory authority responsible for data protection for our company is:
North Rhine-Westphalia Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information,
P.O. Box 20 04 44,
40102 Düsseldorf, Germany
Right to object
Provided your personal data are processed based on legitimate interests in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 no. 1 f) of the GDPR, you have the right according to Art. 21 of the GDPR to object to processing of personal data concerning you on grounds relating to your particular situation.
To exercise your right to object or withdraw, simply e-mail us at datenloeschung(at)klingelnberg.com
It is very important to us to provide the best protection possible for you and your data. For this reason, we have adopted a number of measures to protect your data as much as possible from unauthorized inspection. We have adopted what we consider to be appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulations, partial or complete loss or destruction, and against unauthorized access by third parties. In accordance with technological developments, our security measures are continually reviewed with regard to their effectiveness and improved as needed.
Validity of and changes to this Information
This information is currently valid and is dated May 2018.
It may become necessary to amend this information due to changes in legal or regulatory provisions or due to changes to processing circumstances.
We will post any changes in a prominent location. Changes will also be specifically highlighted in the new privacy notice.
The current privacy notice can be accessed and printed out at any time on our website at Protection of Data Privacy.
Protection of data privacy contact
Please direct all additional inquiries regarding data protection on the Klingelnberg website to the Klingelnberg GmbH data protection officer:
42499 Hueckeswagen, Germany
Fon: +49 2192 81-336
Fax: +49 2192 81-549